Halloween is just around the corner! Even if you're not obsessed with the holiday like I am, you have to admit that seeing your adorable child looking even more adorable than usual is a ton of fun. Nowadays my kids won't let me dress them up in any costume I choose, so if you have a baby or toddler, you have to take advantage of these years while you can! I miss those days!
10 Adorably Simple Halloween Costumes for Kids
Seriously, look how cute they were!
Enough reminiscing! If you want a great costume for your kid, you don't have to spend a lot of money. The internet has tons of easy homemade costumes that even the most craft-challenged (ie. me) can handle!
Here are my ten favorites:
Photo credit: Pretty Prudent
- Colorful dress
- Plastic Flowers
- Clips or Bobby Pins
Photo credit: This House Is Not a Home
A BAG OF POPCORN
- White Hat
- White Onesie, Shirt or Pajamas
- Thick White Material, Felt
- Red Felt Cut Into Stripes
- Extra Red and White Felt to Make Popcorn Label
- Glue Gun to Put it All Together
Photo credit: Catherine Marie
- Curly Brown Wig
- Denim Shirt
- Painters Palette-You can find these cheap at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.
- Paint brush
- Paints to decorate the palette
- Brown Facepaint or Eyeliner to Draw on Brown Beard
Photo credit: Make It & Love It
- Red and White Striped Shirt or Onesie
- Jeans or Navy Pants
- Red Pom Pom Hat
- Black Plastic Glasses
- Striped Tank Top
- Sweatshirt to Wear Underneath
- Small Balls or Balloons to Use as Muscles
- Black Felt or Black Eyeliner to Draw on Mustache
- Fake Barbell- A blow-up one like this would be great or you can use a black stick with black balloons tied around its ends.
Photo credit: See Vanessa Craft
- Matching Hoodie and Pants of Any Color
- White Felt
- Colored Felt for Design and Ears
- Stencils-These can be used to help design the belly pictures if you're really not artistically inclined.
- Glue Gun
- Puffy Paint
- Gray, Black or Khaki Pants
- Short-Sleeved Collared Shirt-preferably an ugly color like mustard or beige
- Ugly Tie
- Name Tag Sticker
- Large glasses-Go to the Dollar Tree for large reading glasses and pop out the frames.
- Red Onesie and Red Pants for Underneath
- Stuffing like this to Create the Round Strawberry Effect
- Black Marker to Draw Seeds
- Green Hat
- Green Felt for the Leaves
- Glue Gun to Attach Leaves to Hat
- Black Outfit
- Yellow Electrical or Duct Tape
- Toy Cars
- Glue Gun
- Velcro- You can buy stick on velcro to add to the shirt and the cars so your child can actually stick the cars on and off the track in different places. So fun!
Photo credit: KCSTAUFFER/INSTAGRAM
MINI ELEVEN FROM STRANGER THINGS
- Pink Collared Dress
- Sports Socks
- White Sneakers
- Blond Wig
- Red Lipstick for the Bloody Nose. I'd personally skip this on a kid, but if you want to have a really authentic costume, go for it!
- Eggo Waffles Box
I hope your kids have a great time this Halloween and, if you plan on going trick-or-treating, may your neighbors' candy baskets be full of chocolate!